What is a Waste Transfer Note?

There are 2 pieces of paperwork that need to be in place for a gardener or tree surgeon to use our facilities. The first is a Waste Carriers Licence which has been discussed in a previous blog.
The second is called a Waste Transfer Note (WTN). Put simply a Waste Transfer Note creates a record of where the waste you produce goes and what happens to it. The Environment Agency can ask yourselves (as the transporter of the waste) or ourselves (as the recipient of the waste) for these records at any time. Fortunately we can do a season ticket which lasts for a whole year.
Previously we have done these on paper, but you can now do them online, so it saves people having to arrange to come in and see us. It also means we can both access them remotely.
If you are a new customer, or it is time for your WTN to be renewed, get in touch and we will send you the list of instructions we have produced. It really is very simple, but let us know if there are any problems. And remember to keep your password and PIN safe, it will make it much quicker when it is time to renew in a year’s time.